Q. Can I bring my car or truck into Mexico?

A. Yes. You will be required to obtain a temporary Mexico vehicle registration permit which is valid for up to 180 days and can be obtained in clearly marked areas shortly after you cross the border into Mexico. You will need a valid passport and FMT tourist card, your vehicle registration/title and a major credit card in the name of the person driving the vehicle into Mexico. You will be given a temporary importation permit along with a sticker for the inside of your vehicle’s windshield.